Arguably one of South Africa’s most sought after DJ’s and recently included in the Mail & Guardian’s Top 300 young South Africans, Themba Nkosi aka Euphonik has scaled the ranks of DJ, producer and radio presenter territory in an incredibly short space of time. He has achieved in a few years what others spend a lifetime working towards and his continued success is built on a solid foundation of perseverance and good work ethics. This coupled with his fun and ambitious personality make for a winning combination and is the reason that Euphonik is currently at the cutting edge of the house music scene in South Africa.
Born in Mpumalanga, Euphonik spent his early years in Likazi before moving to Daveyton and then Benoni. His love of music was fueled early on by artists his father was listening to, these included The Spinners, Marvin Gaye, Stimela and Hugh Masekela. By his late teens he was already behind the decks and quickly established himself as a force to be reckoned with in the clubbing scene. Showing great business savvy, Euphonik also landed a highly coveted job doing A&R for SoulCandi. Initial regional radio exposure of his infectious mixes on Yfm led to national exposure on 5fm’s Fresh Drive and ultimately Euphonik was given his very own radio show plus his weekly Ultimix every Wednesday on the Fresh Drive.
The House of House, his Sunday night 5fm show, is an opportunity for Euphonik’s legions of dedicated fans to get to know the personality behind the personality. Expect to be served the latest, most loved house tunes from around the world. Euphonik has smashed all existing radio norms and brings house music to life in his electrifying 180 minutes every Sunday at 7pm. With features like: ‘Songs That Made Me Fall in Love with House’ as well as weekly exclusives and international interviews, the House of House makes for essential radio listening.
Music is an international language without borders or boundaries which has the ability to bring together people of different ages, races, cultures and genders. This is clearly a language that Euphonik speaks well as his fan base ranges from young primary school learners to people four decades older. “I play music for the young and young‐at‐heart South African,” says Euphonik. “The key thing about the music I play is that it crosses over all racial borders. I fuse a lot of hip hop into my sets and house music is my preferred choice of music because it can fuse with any other genre”. Euphonik is currently one of only two DJs in South Africa who can successfully jump from playing at an upmarket Sandton club to a high school gig and then a bash in Soweto without drastically changing the music he plays ‐ a clear indication that he is not only at the top of his game and has broad appeal but that he is also creating the future of what’s hot in South Africa.
High demand for Euphonik’s sets has seen him visit all of the SADAC regions as well as the UK, Dubai and Miami; and there are plans underway for gigs in Ibiza and Amsterdam before the end of 2009. Despite huge international demand, Euphonik also continues to be one of South Africa’s busiest DJs with a travel schedule that most would envy.
DJ Euphonik has it all. This rapidly rising star already has a great legacy behind him but he is only just getting started. He’s the ultimate package of youth, looks, talent and marketability. Kids look up to him. Older guys wish they were him. In an industry full of stars that burn out before they’ve even begun, Euphonik looks set to shine for a long time to come.
- 1 August 2006: Soul Candi Session 3
- 1 June 2007: Kentphonik
- 1 September 2007: Electro Candi
- 1 June 2008: For the Love of House
- 23 September 2008: For the DJ’s
- 25 September 2008: Soul Candi Session 4
- March 2009: For the Love of House 2: The Politics of Dance
- DJ Fresh – Definition of House (2008)
- Soul Candi – For the DJ’s 3, presented by Euphonik (2008)
- Soul Candi – Sessions 4 (2008)
- Chynaman – Chynamans House Vol 1 (2008)
- Soul T – My Reflections 1 (2008)
- Glen Lewis – Glenzito House Vol 3 (2008)
- Euphonik – For the Love of House (2008)
- DJ Terance – Music Box 2 (2008)
- DJ Fresh – Definition of House 4 (2007)
- Soul Candi – Electro Candi (2007)
- Glen Lewis – Glenzito House Vol 2 (2007)
- DJ Terance – Music Box 1 (2007)
- Ganyani – Ganyani House Grooves 5 (2007)
- DJ Fresh – Definition of House 3 (2006)
- Fistaz Mixwell – Mixwell Expensive (2006)
- Soul Candi – Electro Candi (2006)
- Glen Lewis – Glenzito House Vol 1 (2006)
- DJ Tokzen – MMThis Essential Selections 4 (2006)
- DJ Fresh – Definition of House 2 (2005)
#bookDJEuphonik #bookadj #corporateevents #dj #performer #awardwinningdj #bestdj #dancethenightaway #BookDJs
DJ Euphonik is available for live performances at events, parties, shows, festivals and productions.