Lu Chase is a songwriter, vocalist and all round performer from Cape Town South Africa. Her music has been released all over the world including Europe, North America and Africa. She’s been a performer since the age of five and in 1997 had the chance to perform for her idol Quincy Jones who set Lu on a path of distinction and originality.
Due to her mercurial personality she writes and performs in many different genres including cabaret, jazz, pop, soul, funk, rnb, alternative rock, rock n roll, classical, folk and blues. She is currently writing for pop sensation Bianca La Grange and has a vast library of songs produced at The Mezzanine studios in Johannesburg where she works with producers all over the planet via the internet.
She has travelled and performed all over the world including The UAE, South East Asia- Bali, Surabaya, Jakarta, Singapore, Italy, Russia, The Dominican Republic, Namibia, Zambia and The Republic of Seychelles. Lu has performed alongside celebrated artists such as Fatboyslim, The Audio Bullies, Louie Vega, The Stereo Mc’s and notable South African artists such as Goldfish, Flash Republic, Tasha Baxter, Locnville and Goodluck.
Television and film:
- “Bely en lat staan” Kyknet / Freeway Productions / 2014
- “Terug na Egipte” / Kyknet / Stark Films / 2013
- “Montana” / SABC 1 / 2009 – 2013 / Penguin Films
- “How to with Lu” / Bozza Mobi Prouductions/2012
- “Shirley Valentine” / Oliver Hermanus/2012
- “Die Tammat /DSTV/X CON Films/2009
- Spin Earth TV / Presenter / 2010
- What’s on CT / Presenter/2010X CON Films
- Launched pop band LUX to an international audience of 1900 people on www.skyroomlive.com.
- Performed on “Morning Live” SABC2to approximately 200 000 000 viewers
- LUX has performed in Cape Town, Johannesburg, Durban, Mozambique and the Republic of Seychelles.
- They have performed at various corporate events and alongside celebrated artists Goodluck and Locnville.
- 3Sixty degrees Monte Casino / Lead vocalist/ Johannesburg
- Vacca Matta Sun Coast Casino/ Durban
- Tokio Star / Durban
- Moving on up” Sun City /Extravaganza directed by Jared Mckenzie
- 3Sixty Degrees Monte Casino/Johannesburg
- The Burlesque revival /Cafe Culture/Johannesburg
- Corporate event/Maputo
- Cedar Rox festival/Heidelberg
- “Let’s swing it”/Mihouse /Johannesburg
- HQ/ Sandton
- “Fantasy” / Sun City Extravaganza directed by Carlo Spettu
- ” Extasy” /The last topless show performed at SunCity / Sun City
- “Cabaret”/Portugese Society Namibia
- “Wonderland” /Portuguese Society Namibia
- 2012 Launched a new Mobile tv series “How to with Lu” on new Mobile tv station Bozza
- (To view go to www.bozza.mobi on your phone, download the app, register and choose “How to with Lu”
- 2012 TV Plus April 2012 in The Hot list
- 2012 May – Oct The Barnyard theatres
“The final countdown” : Lead vocalist
“Dancing in the streets”: Lead vocalist
- 2012 SABC 1 drama series Montana every Tuesday at 20:30
- 2011 Top Billing / December as part of Electro swing band “L.U.X” for the CK Shock launch
- 2011 MCQP performance with “L.U.X”
- 2011 – Appeared in “Glamour” magazine in Dec 2011 as part of a style spread
- 2010 – helped raise R160 000 for people living with HIV Aids with The Positive Heroes fashion show
- 2009 – Headlining act for the only Burlesque supper club in SA Vaudeville from 2009 – 2011
- 2009- toured Russia as a solo performer March 2009 and with Iridium Project in December
- Interntional release from the Lu Chase & Christopher Wilde project Halo “Still driving” through Inrichment Records. The music video for this song has been released internationally (USA + Europe)
Appeared on Russian Television for the Tv show Nightlife .I’ve been a guest on SABC 2’s teen magazineTV show Hectic 99, and was a guest of prime time show host AyandaNtini on Goodhope FM.
- Hostess for the Events program “What’s On Cape Town” aired every Thursday evening at 21:00
Spin Earth correspondent and has interviewed top SA bands such as Taxi Violence, JaxPanix, Just Jinger and Flat Stanley to name a few
Corporate Clients include:
- Calvin Klein
- Media 24
- Cell C
- Gleason Publications
- OK Bazaars
- Old Mutual
- MTN Cape Town
- Positive Heroes
- Alan Gray
- Adidas Classics party
- MTN “ Sun City”
- Durban July
- Camel Experience
- Standard Bank
- Cape Town Fashion Week
- Johannesburg Fashion Week after party opening night.
- Café D’Afrique album launch in Johannesburg & Cape Town
- Good Hope FM & Vodacom Clifton Beach Challenge
- Colab Massive Mix Concert featuring Fat Boy slim & Metallica and After Party exclusive performance
- Carducci Fashion Show at Rhodes House in 2004 & again in 2005.
- PeroniLaunch at Rhodes House in 2005.
- A1GPAfterparty in DBN
- Durban July 07 in the Millers Tent and at the After Party
- Madame Zingara’s.
- Johnny Walker Red AAA student party in the Revolving Restaurant at the Ritz Hotel.
- Hugo Boss Women Store launch at Baia Restaurant
- Heart 104.9 Client Awards Evening at Mannenbergs
- Camel Event in Durban
- .Performed for MTN Lets Go Summer Tour at Ignite.
- In January 2008 they performed at the J&B Met in the most prestigious hospitality tent “Cadiz” to the most high profile guest
- May – FHM 100 sexy event at Hemisphere
- 26 June 08 – CTICC – Staff Party at Hemisphere
- 28 June 08 – CTICC 5th Birthday bash
- 05 July 08 – Durban July for Tilt/Millers &Delasol After party
- Peroni – Fashion week After party at Hemisphere
- Vaudeville Burlesque Supper club Thursday – Saturday till February 2011
- Rhodes House, “Magic Carpet Ride” every Thursday at Strega
- Opium on Friday’s from 2005 – 2007
- Countless News papers and Magazine (SL Magazine, Vida E & Absolute mag) exposure
- Iridium album launch on Show Biz Report on ETV
- Essential Magazine
- 5fm Radio – “Sequenced Funk” climbed to no. 6 on Vodacom Hi5 on 5fm
- 5fm, Good Hope & Heart 104.9 radio airplay – “Lu’s Control” on high rotation.
- “Lu’s Control” has been play listed on high rotation since November 2007 and in January 2008 the track hit no.1 on Hi5 on 5fm SA’s top national radio station. Both “Love me” & “Lu’s Control” are still on high rotation nationally
- Also being played on high rotation on Heart fm and Good hope fm.
- Featured in the Obrigado Vida E magazine.
- Featured in the You and Huisgenoot magazines.
- The cover of Flatnote magazine