DJ Heavy K Drumboss
Born in Port Elizabeth in the Eastern Cape, Mkhululi Siqula well known as Heavy K started his music career at the tender age of 14 years in a small shack, that he called home . Looking at his humble surroundings, he had a hunger and passion to get not only himself out of a poverty stricken situation but he also wanted his family and future family to have a great future. He set out to trial his craft and make his mark in the music industry.
Heavy K took the decision to move to Johannesburg as he felt that this was where his career would blow up. When he arrived in Johannesburg he committed himself to his music and a conscious decision to never stop shining and to always produce the best music he can. Whatever he put his hands on he made sure it was nothing but a success. Heavy K has made not just a name for himself but a well known and established brand that has put out hit after hit.
This SAMA ‘15 winner and Metro FM 16’ nominee has worked with the greats of the industry to name but a few; Professor , Dj Ganyani Nokwazi , Mpumi, Ringo , Oskido, Busiswa and Shota . His Album respect the DrumBoss 2013 won him a SAMA award and hit songs like “Wena” and “Easy To Love” on that album got a lot of recognition on the South African Airwaves as well as on International stages. In 2016, Heavy K released his third album titled “1950” which he dedicated to his late mother. In the years to follow, he drew inspiration from his mother and this saw him release singles such as ‘’Inde” in 2017 and his latest smasher alum “Respect the DrumBoss” in 2018.
He has graced the stages of many major festivals and music concerts in Africa and abroad. Some of these countries include Zimbabwe, Zambia, Angola, Malawi, Botswana, Nigeria, Australia, Namibia and England. He is no stranger to the international space and he is looking to expand his reach in 2019 going forward.
Heavy K has now started his own record label called DrumBoss Musik and is housing a lot of talent from the Port Elizabeth region and the Gauteng Region, his goal is to motivate and uplift as many young artists as he can so they can be as independent in their craft and musical aspirations.
• SAMA Awards Winner – Best Dance Album 2014
• Metro Award Winner – Best Dance Album 2014
• AFRIMA Awards – Best Male Awards 2014
• Song Of The Year Radio Awards – 2015
• NAMA Nominee Pan Artists Of The Year -2016
• Metro FM Awards Nominee – 2016
• UK Tour Sold Out shows in Manchester and Coventry 2016 27 t0 29th May.
• SAMA Awards -Record of the Year Nominee2016
• Best Pan African Artist Nominee- Namibia Awards -2017
• SAMA nomination for Best Collaboration – ‘’Inde” 2018
• SAMA nomination for Song of the Year – ‘’Inde”
• STAR new generation nomination – Best DJ 2018